We have achieved a Memorandum of Agreement with our board (the Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School Division). This agreement was achieved after two days of bargaining.
This is a very amicable table with an employer that appreciates the process and has respect for teachers and the Association.
I would also like to thank our Bargaining Unit, consisting of our Negotiating Subcommittee our Bargaining Agent and our Executive Assistant for the time and effort that they put into this very important endeavour.
Details of the agreement are as follows:
• Cancellation of assignment for substitute teachers
• Wellness spending account (effective September 1, 2020)
• Imbedding Professional Improvement Fund (PIF) into the collective agreement
(previously established in a letter of understanding)
• Add second day for adoption leave in all circumstances
• Letter of Understanding to establish committee to determine how unspent monies
allocated to the sabbatical leave clause and the professional improvement fund clause
shall be spent
Our Bargaining Unit General Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 2, 2020. We are still working to arrange a venue and exact time for this meeting; however, the date of the meeting will be April 2. We will communicate the time and venue for the meeting as soon as we have it booked. We look forward to seeing you there.
Alberta Teachers' Association, Local 55